Friday, January 3, 2014

Onward, forward....

 
"My mossy mailbox"
  I received two addresses in response to my post from yesterday. Thank you to Tony and Jordan. One letter is on its way to Oklahoma and the other is heading 50 miles south to Olympia, Washington. Keep those addresses coming because connecting in that way made my day.  Onward, forward.
  Our lesson today is about insecurities.  Insecurities, no matter how big or how small, suck. I don't normally use the word "suck" as it denotes an ignorant dumby, but since I'm no dumby I'll use it for the sake of making a point.  Insecurities keep us from doing most anything new we want to do.  The only reason we think we can't be the person we want to be or do what we want to do is insecurity.  I realize I'm being extremely general as I encompass the entire scope of anything people have done, are doing or will do, but if the past year has taught me anything, I know what I'm talking about.
"Free your mind and the rest will follow"

  Our life journey is a continuous stream of what if's, should I's and maybe laters, presenting choices in each moment.  The victim in you says, "I can't decide", while the procrastinator twiddles his thumbs and says, "I'll get to it tomorrow", and then there's the perfectionist who never let's go of "that one time you were wrong." And as you wonder why the day didn't go how you wanted it to, remember it's our insecurities who are to blame.  Every day that passes you tell yourself, "I'll do it different tomorrow," which is yet another day you put it off. But, do know you'll get to try again tomorrow.  And when you try again tomorrow, knowing seconds lead to minutes and minutes lead to hours and hours lead to days, you'll realize how important every moment is.