Monday, March 31, 2014

Boom Boom Boom...

My Puritan-esque introduction to the birds and bees; my mom uncomfortably walking into my room, handing me an outdated book, then wordlessly leaving my room, made the topic of sex a very difficult road to travel throughout my life. Until now.

Sexuality used to be a little mouse in the corner, out of my grasp, however, I am at a point where I want to claim my sexuality, but my initial reaction is fear due to seeing it as a larger than life project. I think, just like anything else, the key is taking it one step at a time, one day at a time. And, even though I may be conservative with my words, this is a big step for me and I'm boldly going where I've never gone before.

“The greatest feminists have also been the greatest lovers. I'm thinking not only of Mary Wollstonecraft and her daughter Mary Shelley, but of Anais Nin, Edna St. Vincent Millay, and of course Sappho. You cannot divide creative juices from human juices. And as long as juicy women are equated with bad women, we will err on the side of being bad.” 
― Erica Jong

Enjoy the ride!