Saturday, January 5, 2013

Life lessons, as told by the river...


"Rain poured down, the river flooded but nothing moved that house. It was fixed to the rock." Matthew 7:25



..and that's great. However, there are many who sit at the water's edge, studying the eddies and currents, waiting for the appropriate moment in which to launch
 a homemade raft, like Papillon (1973),
into the great unknown to see what's beyond the bend. To some, clinging desperately to a
chunk of granite
 for all time is, well, comforting. But why? It would seem some people are roots while others are leaves.
Thank you to all the roots in my life for allowing me to be a leaf; going whichever way the wind blows me.
 It makes all the difference. Someday perhaps, I too will cling to a safe repository shelter
my ever growing family, but for now, I choose to brave a swift current in order to travel, to see, and to see what I see. To the journey...