Friday, January 24, 2014

Let Go and Live!


By now most of you know of my 11 month road trip where I basically lived out of my car the entire time. Every morning I'd wake in a different parking lot, back alley, rest area, hay field, college campus, or wherever a cop wouldn't come knocking on my window (more often than not they did). A different city every hour and new states every couple of days left me anonymous to the people I met; without a past, a story, or even an identity. If a low point ensued, a bad experience occurred, or even a lack of anything at all happening, I simply got in my car and drove away. Every mile I drove placed greater distance between the negative experience and the moment I currently resided in. After some time basking in the present moment, getting back to centered and happy became all that mattered to me.


For the past few months I've had a routine - going to a job four days a week with the same employees and same customers. I see how moments spill into hours, hours into days, creating an expectation that today will be no different from yesterday and no different from the day before that. This type of thinking is toxic and kills the rich life moments that could otherwise be ahead. Yesterday is gone and although its effects may still linger, there must be a clear vision of hope in what lie along the road ahead. Put your pedal to the metal, let the wind blow through your hair, and know this is the way it should be!