Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Detach From Attachment...

Each day I learn something new. Some days the lessons are easy, whereas other days the lessons pull the rug out from underneath me, leaving me lost and confused. When I look back at my most difficult moments, it’s always been attachment that has caused me the greatest amount of pain.

In Buddhism, non-attachment is taught to decrease suffering. This process is a never-ending journey and one that requires continual questioning. A good question to ask yourself is “What in this moment am I attached to that is causing me pain?” Sometimes it’s the loss of a loved one, your health, or a belief system but whatever the cause may be, attachment only makes the experience worse.   


Our egos are a powerful force that takes over the mind and won't let go. Eckhart Tolle says, ”The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but your thoughts about it. Be aware of the thoughts you are thinking. Separate from the situation, which is always neutral. It is as it is.” 

Ommmmmm...