Tuesday, March 4, 2014

A Peek Within...

 It's interesting writing in a blog daily. Whether I'm irritated or tired, I write. And, for better or worse, when I push the publish button, there's no going back. What used to be a terrifying act - making my words visible for the public eye - is now slightly less so. I mean, I still question myself and wonder whether people will like what I write but there is a quiet confidence growing in me as well. I've learned that I know what I know and don't know what I don't know. In other words, I've come to understand just how empowering letting go of ego and defense mechanisms are. Allowing who I am to roam freely, without the fear of rejection or imagined peer criticism, feels like walking around with a winning lottery ticket in my pocket.

I know my heart is in the right place - wanting to connect with and help others - and although I struggle at times to find my ultimate reason for doing what I do, I know it's there, gently tugging my sleeve and beckoning me to push the button.