Sunday, March 23, 2014

No Fear...

Writing this blog every-single-day is a struggle. Sometimes I don't know what to write about and sometimes, even when I do, I second guess what I write. I also get confused to whom I'm writing; myself or other people and believe that is what keeps me from being more vulnerable. I took a big step towards letting my inner self out when I put myself center stage in front of my writer's group (pictured below).


You see the guy sitting highest in his chair? That's Henry. He's reading a passage from his love squared (not love triangle) novella. He spoke right before Alisse sang a song (she's not visible in this photo), we all clapped in rhythm to. Megan, the woman to the left of Henry, shared her fear that no one would read what she put up on the message board, and of course we promised we would. When it was my turn to share, the group facilitator Robert (to the right of Henry) and India (far left) pushed me to share more from my perspective and thought I should try to relate to the reader more.

Although, I appreciate their feedback and heard what they had to say, I still am unsure how to apply their advice. I assume as long as I continue the path I'm on I will find out.

As for the group, their "been there done that" attitude let's me know that I'm not alone on this journey and for that I am grateful. That's all for now.