Sunday, March 9, 2014

Just Do It..

Shortly, I am heading to my first-ever writing group. I can tell by the couple extra minutes spent on my hair and the current spin of the dryer, meaning my usually-worn-wrinkly shirt is getting unwrinkled, I care what the group thinks of me. My fear of judgment has had a strong hold over me in the past and kept me from following my heart, but not today.

Even though I have a great number of successful firsts under my belt, it seems whenever I push outside my comfort zone my sense of security is shaken. In this case, presenting an intimate aspect of myself - my writing - to a group of my peers touches a place inside that makes me want to run away and hide. Listening to my internal dialog - this isn't important to me and I don't care what they think - is untrue because I know I do care. In any case, it's time to face my fear. Wish me luck...