Friday, January 17, 2014

Let's Go Fly a Kite...

I have been commemorating birthdays lately - Martin Luther Ling, Albert Schweitzer, my own- therefore it would make sense for me to give a shout out to Benjamin Franklin. Happy birthday Ben! He's the reason I get up in the morning. Check out his schedule, then I'll tell you more. ----> Schedule.
As for 'ol Benny, being the reason I get up in the morning, it's true. I now get up two or more hours earlier after reading his schedule. I figured since he invented bifocals, the lightning rod, glass harmonica, library chair, swim fins, Franklin stove, catheters and Daylight Savings Time, following in his footsteps might not be such a bad idea. The only problem I had with asking, what good shall I do this day, is that it takes away the element of surprise. Doing good things is fine as long as I decide when
Purposely thinking about doing good things before I do them is foreign to me. Herein lies my question: In order to do more good, in an enjoyable, sustainable way, is Mr. Franklin's planning good at the beginning of the day or my way, whenever I feel like it, the better option?
For the next three days I will wake and plan good things in the morning. After the three days are up I'll let you know my results. If anybody out there wants to do it with me, that would be super sweet. Maybe even email me something good you did and I'll put it in my report on Monday. Happy Friday!